Tuesday, August 16, 2016

8518. THIS IS HOW

THIS IS HOW
A plain black backer with
process blue, a found 20 dollar
bill, with Bob and deadlines no
more mistakes! He's got money,
so need for the twenty. Which he
leaves in the garbage, behind.
-
It doesn't look right anyway, too
white. Like fake paper, a real
counterfeit bill. 'Leave for the
Rebels, or the Commies.' That's
what he said, that man of the
world. Got drunk and just
walked away.
-
That was the kind of life I was
living, and I liked it that way.
A few mysterious girls, now and
then, to sing my song of sixpence
and have my pocketful of wry
...humor that is. Not rye. Whisky
that is. Is that a frog in your pocket,
or you just happy to see me? 
-
I jumped her ass so quick it was
over yesterday. Have you ever tried
looking that up? That 'frog in your
pocket' thing  - it's referenced so many
different ways. Banana in your pocket?
Boiled Frog in your pocket? I even
have seen screwdriver in your pocket,
though that sort of makes sense.
-
She agreed. And we went our 
separate ways, though I wished she 
was still living in the attic in that 
house next door, so many things 
to look forward...for.


No comments: