Saturday, April 16, 2016

8045. I SHIED AWAY FROM MACLAMITE

I SHIED AWAY 
FROM MACLAMITE
And there never was any turning back -
song of the June moon, tune of the distant 
loon, everywhere, everywhere, laughter 
discounts darkness. I was once a doctor 
with hide.
-
The jury went out on me, and never came 
back. I sat there until my term was up, 
but never knew what that term to be came 
to be : meters and backyards, all together. 
This nightmare of a Princeton lawn 
continues. I knew that lady well 
before she had a house to sell.
-
In 1967, this was an antiques shop  -  so
don't give me no crap about churches or
local missions. They sold old crap for
extra dollars. Just like now; except
this time it's the house itself, and
50 years later. Jesus K. Rist how
time flies. Lordy so, and again,
how all this time just flies.
-
(I've shied away from maclamite
and all those marble eyes).

No comments: