Thursday, April 7, 2016

8008. SOMETHING ABOUT LEAVING MY DOG THAT'S HURTFUL

SOMETHING ABOUT LEAVING 
MY DOG THAT'S HURTFUL
Goodness knows progression; and I
cannot put my finger on it, but I
love her more than people : how
that is I cannot say because I love
so many people too, in my way.
I extend this heart, and take back
the hurt. So do you hear me now?
-
I think I'll stay up tonight, for the
entire night; have a trunkful of snooze
some other time again. I can dream,
can't I? That's what people say about
big, stupid things, like lotteries and
lucky days. You can draw this down
to nothing. you cannot dream, then,
can you?
-
Someone has carved an axiom in the
huge tree nearby. It doesn't say 'Gerry
loves Sally', or anything like that. It
reads, instead, in great, circular form,
'Take this world and hold it close, and
although it is NOT all you have, treat it
as if it is. Live this one life well, and 
the others shall come forth to you.'

No comments: