Tuesday, April 5, 2016

7998. INVITATION TO LEAVE YOUR DEPRESSION BEHIND

INVITATION TO LEAVE YOUR DEPRESSION BEHIND
When the chorus in Oedipus Rex sings their song, I
really want to listen  - 'Alas, ye generations of men,
how mere a shadow do I count your life! Where,
where is the mortal who wins more of happiness
than just the seeing, and, after the semblance,
a falling away.' Ancient words indeed! And
I'm not at all sure I even get them. What to say,
and why say that? over all these centuries, no
rejoinder and nothing's changed. I guess no one
really wants to be 'down' anymore  -  as in 'leave
your depression behind!' We're supposed to,
instead, turn backs to all the corruption and
infantilism; the self-delusion of the brave new
world? I'll take a walk through 'why bother' with
that one, John. Ah! This morally blind eye of
the virtual whirlwind  -  we deserve better than
that! Instead of saying, 'I am depressed,' say
'I am right, and I know it'. (But, seriously,
you've become a person impossible to
live with, and no fun to talk to either).

No comments: