Tuesday, April 5, 2016

8000. 'BUT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE FUN'

'BUT THIS IS SUPPOSED 
TO SOUND LIKE FUN'
My skin is akin to the soup of a
fish and I often walk sideways 
through time : effervescent fun
and games, the priest in the hallows,
the little kid with the pop gun in
his mouth. Sly, I put a Slinky on the
stairs just to watch my Grandma fly.
-
This here notebook's no longer good :
the pages are water-soaked, midget-tears
and stuff from my eyes. I can't see the
misguided missile you've sent my way.
To crash-land in Slovakia, or land on
the edge of some Irish Sea. Trains,
and planes, and automobiles.
-
'You won't get a picture like this, ever
again.' You said that while looking at a
photo of three people, now each dead.
Well, I had to figure, what else could you
expect? This door goes both ways. We live
and then we die; we wake and then we sleep.
-
You know how they yell you, in school,
that all things will be OK if you'll just
sit down and shut up? That is such crap :
erroneous pulchritude to whitewash the
dogs in the very dark room where your
mind always lives. The shadowy place
where dreams and all memories dwell.
I love you forever. Heaven or Hell;
and we both can accommodate the 
feel of each our heart's swell.
-
However the magic elixir goes down, I
say drink it. Flaming, if that's how you
like. In a beer stein, the kind with the
lid and the flip-top thing for the thumb.
It opens the top, so you can drink, with 
some variously-colored Fraulein on the
mug itself  -  art for the masses, or a 
drink for the asses. Men don't make
passes on girls who use glasses.

No comments: