Wednesday, October 21, 2015

7328. IN THE APPEARANCE OF SO MANY THINGS

IN THE APPEARANCE OF 
SO MANY THINGS
Not often knowing quite what to say,
the rule to live by is silence  -  this fellow
today- Father Dave - he goes by, was walking
past his little cage of doves. I said hello, and 
he with some hestitation replied. He was on 
his way to the dumpsters at the end of the lot 
with a bag of his household trash. I guess I'd 
have done the same had I been him. Backed 
off. I asked about his doves  -  are they OK 
there for the Winter, will that plastic wrap
be enough?  -  it's a large cage, he said, and 
as long as they're kept protected from the 
wind, they can take the cold.  - We'd once
know each other a long time ago. But I 
look different now; I wouldn't 
expect him to know.

No comments: