Thursday, October 15, 2015

7299. I HAVE A GENTLE AUSPICES

I HAVE A GENTLE 
AUSPICES
This cat can take to clothing like a
moth  -  and all this while I'm trying to
eat spaghetti. Today at the office, Myra,
the receptionist, came in to tell me she'd
be leaving a month from now. Going to
live somewhere else  -  to be with an old 
aunt in old Acapulco. I asked her why. Why
not just bring the aunt here, since she had
it so good. Why uproot, transplant, and all
that? She said I sounded like a gardener.
I said that wasn't my wont. What I wanted,
actually, was for her not to leave. Then, I
did have to finally confess my love for her,
tell her about pining all these years for her 
kiss. She came over, took my hand, and
kissed me, saying  -  'Really? Here; that's
all it is, you silly, fool man.' I sighed,
and we left it at that. 

No comments: