Friday, October 9, 2015

7266. HIERONYMOUS BOSCH AND SIR LANCELOT TOO

HIERONYMOUS BOSCH AND 
SIR LANCELOT TOO
Characters in search of something : face, edifice,
conclusion. They've been with me all my life. The
only backdrop is, really, a kid's jelly donut, the kind
with white powder wrapped in that waxy paper. The
bakery person would reach into the tray, with the paper
and grab the donut. As simple as that  -  10 cents later,
it's yours. Or mine. Forget that. On a subconscious
level, I was given the world. Every schoolbook was
chiming in : Magellan sailed around the world,
Genghis Khan was ruthless, Charles Martel was, 
well, something or other. In my dreams I already
dwelt in the Temple at Rheims. It was, in actuality,
an ancient temple to Mars. Clovis saw stars.
The absurd reaches of all these histories,
I found, knew no bounds

No comments: