Friday, October 9, 2015

7268. I AIN'T MINDING

I AIN'T MINDING
It's no bother what you're doing to me, and I don't
really mind a thing : this concrete's all stained with
oil-leak drains, and the water just runs right down.
There's a seven-man minute to be here soon. All
hunkered down with his tools and his wires.
-
The catalyst for this occurrence was the moment
the roof began leaking when it wasn't even raining.
I knew right then I had to so something  -  before
you started talking again, babbling to everyone
about what a poor condition of man I am.
-
I couldn't have that going on around me, without my
own defense: the tax papers were late, the newspapers
had stopped, and that women from the constabulary office,
she said again she'd be here soon. One thing I hate is
dealing with women in power : high-heels, office clothes,
dicked-up hair and an attitude worth a mountain.
-
She can take it where she's goin', but she won't be
getting it from me. I ain't minding what anyone's doing.

No comments: