Tuesday, January 27, 2015

6300. I CAN SEE BY NOW

I CAN SEE BY NOW
The world is a misnomer, an illusion, a parade
that does not exist. If I live this far backwards 
within a place of mind, how long then do I
wish to live.? Outside of time, I stand in rubble:
17th Street brings me back, Gerardo's loft, the
old art stairs, the girl with the green eyes, 
the kid who wouldn't leave.
-
That kid was me : paintbrush bound and roped
in colors. The rooftop sensationa at the top of
8th Street, looking downtown as if some
Parisian arrondissement had my name. Place
by place, everything beckoned the kid who
wouldn't leave. That kid I was, stayed.
-
Now  -  at the juncture of Forever and Now,
I twirl a bit just to see back  -  quickly. I
note that my railings have all lost their
mountings, the screws have been torn from
the walls, and the bounding stairs, the
bounding stairs, down them I'm falling.

No comments: