Thursday, January 8, 2015

6236. SECOND RATE MATISSE

SECOND RATE MATISSE
When the pendulum swings, Goddamn it swings.
This second-rate Matisse is again worth a ton. But
who wants it; I'll set it aflame? Let the fire singe the
fabric and turn that blue to black. Who cares? I've
got a notion to go selling anyway. Buyer beware,
and caveat emptor too. Some dismal-swamp of a
university museum will be the first to bite.
-
Used to be I visited graves at will  -  whoever was buried
most anywhere, I'd stop by and see. Famous or not was
enough for me. Some people live on, in infamy.
-
Let's tape up this painting with a score of masking tape
and duct tape as well. That's calling it right  -  we can
say : "this fool was just entering a pop-art stage right 
before he died." For all the rest, I just don't care.

No comments: