Sunday, January 18, 2015

6270. IF I COULD CHANGE MY MIND

IF I COULD CHANGE MY MIND
If I could change my mind about this place I'm
in, I'd make it a little bigger  -  a more broad
universe of the wishes and dreams that come 
true with only a thought. All that peace, love and
happiness stuff, yeah, that would be Ok too.
But I'm not talking about that.
-
What I'm getting at is Truth and Being  -  the
way a city street feels when it stares you in the
face, the look in the eyes of a stranger when he's
asking for help. I understand those feelings, but
I want the barriers lifted. I want, when I reach
out a hand, for the fabric of the world to change.
-
I want goodness and mercy and mirth at the hospital
bedside while we all go down with the ship. I want
Peace in the eyes of the foolish clown who calls
himself a 'warrior'. That's 'killer for pay' all the
same, that's just the unthinking prattle of 
a man with no brain.
-
I want doors to open upon command, and stretch out
to the road of universal Man and universal Being,
of the silent love in every heart for each day's
sunrise and setting. For each flower and bloom,
each nettle and thorn. Every moment that exists
and ever moment that is born. New is
the world once more.
-
If I could change my mind, like this, as I
said  -  I would do something about it,
and more.

No comments: