Monday, May 22, 2023

16,312. WHEN I AWOKE

 WHEN I AWOKE
I awoke today next to a broken mirror. 
I'd always been told to never do that, but
it's not really something you can control.
It's a very complicated matter, but the 
slash across the image went right across
my face from certain angles.
-
Pretty manageable, actually. All you
need to do is change the angle. I don't
know how these things get started. Old
wives' tales, they used to be called. Now
all those old wives are gone anyway, or,
having changed to men now have different
points of view?
-
Does our world thus change by those
infractions? I don't realize a difference as 
the creepy sun decides to drag itself along
another dreary sky, while some men 
absent themselves form living and
others simply die.
-
At least there's no more 'frost on the 
pumpkin' to look for too. The landscape is 
stilled now, into some majestic greenery 
all new  -  though silent and. yes, wordless, 
it sings of something still.

No comments: