Sunday, October 17, 2021

13,880. A MAJORITY OF WORK IS LEISURE

A MAJORITY OF WORK  
 IS LEISURE
Polishing cars for a living gave me
car-pool tunnel syndrome? My thumbs
won't oppose what they don't understand.
I've arrived at this point by sheer and
convenient happenstance. One time,
I read about Marjorie Morningstar?
The Idle Time Cafe? She was there,
sitting at the bar, as if to stay.
-
I knew trouble was brewing. Jim
Beam was sitting next to her, and
in walked Jack. At his back was the
Goldschlager kid, always trouble
wherever. No one moved an inch.
waiting for something to break out.
-
Jack Daniels challenged Jim Beam,
and they both moved towards the
door, but Marjorie never moved.
It was all over in a minute. I then
wondered  -  should I order a
Bloody Mary, or just go?

 

 

No comments: