Monday, October 11, 2021

13,870. FIRST GARLAND-STREAM CAMPGROUND

FIRST GARLAND-STREAM CAMPGROUND
Idly watching the tent-neighbors contort
I sat by the fat guy in the hammock for
sport, and to see what the guy had to say.
I wrote on a quick note on my pad and
he asked what it was. I said I was a
reporter for the Diaghilev Times and
was seeking a story of any sort.
-
I told him I was willing to listen, if he
had anything useful to add, about himself 
or his times or his places. He said he worked
at Astronomy Acres, a space-theme-park a
few miles away. I laughed at him and asked
how it felt all day to work in a place of so
many millions of miles, and then to have
to say, to me, a 'few miles away.' Wasn't
that weird? He laughed, saying he'd
never seen it in those terms.
-
He asked was I a ballet guy or some sort
of dancer  -  I guessed he'd caught on to
my ruse. So I answered in kind, saying,
'Yes, much like you, I dance around truths.'

No comments: