Sunday, June 25, 2017

9680. ONLY GREAT TIME

ONLY GREAT TIME
Something about, say, lemon and life, or
pineapple and preparation; that's what I'm
looking for. No, it doesn't exist, which is
all the more fun : riverboat captain, holder
of the dynastic palms. (I swear there's an
echo in this folder). Live and learn.
-
Three guys get out of the truck, the oldest
guy, white bearded and ancient, I take to be
the father. Maybe that's just grizzled, not
ancient. Not a word is spoken, They nod, 
I wave and move aside. They're pulling a
small boat, which they begin to unload.
-
Trailer on wheels, backed down into the
launching ramp, two seconds work, and
they're done. I'm watching, in my rear-view
mirror as I sit and wait. Marveling, all the
time, at all this gracious wonderment of life.

No comments: