Monday, June 5, 2017

9602. JUST SEEING ABOUT LEARNING

JUST SEEING 
ABOUT LEARNING
And it seems alright to me : some kids
read Batman for a living, I suppose.
Graphic novels like comic books with
the public intent of leftist zing. As 
Gershwin put it, 'Of thee I sing!'.
I don't care for anything at all.
-
I've probably met a dozen women,
single mothers with 14-year old kids.
They're all at a loss over what to do.
But what is that to me? I have to smile
a sing-along, from sea to shining sea.
Life is what you make it, I guess,
and I sure didn't make theirs.
-
There was, for myself, a teenage time
when 'I gotta' move on' once meant a lot,
as a phrase and an internal command.
I did what I did, and now I do nothing.
And now that means nothing at all.
15 women, in a pay-phone's halter,
and no one remembers a thing.

No comments: