Saturday, May 28, 2016

8214. I OUT FOXED THE FOX?

I OUT FOXED THE FOX?
When I was 10, I kept things to
myself : sly and evasive was I.
Even a schoolbook became a
secret world. The watch I got
for Confirmation, at 12? Was
that it? I never spoke a word
to anyone about a thing. 
Nothing had a security to 
me, nothing to really believe
in, or watch develop. I disliked
most of the things around me.
-
One time, again about 10, I 
went to the circus. I cannot
recall where it was, but it was
three-rings, lions and tigers and
elephants too. I met the tallest
man in the world, as he was 
billed. Yes, though I looked 
up to him, I didn't think he
was much. Kind of dumb.
He gave me a ring. The idea
was to show how large even
his fingers were. The ring 
was more like a round, gold 
plumbing washer. Probably 
cost then 10 cents, speaking 
of tens. I took it home and
showed it to my mother.
She laughed.

No comments: