Friday, February 27, 2015

6396. THE NEW DAY DAWNS

THE NEW DAY DAWNS
And comes but once the bested arrival, the
summation of effort, a manifest place in a
sequestered square. We walk in circles to get
somewhere; without speaking, there's not so 
much of a gulf between. Celebratory nods, in
a dog-run scene. How nice they can play together.
-
Then comes the frolicsome other : the clown in the
cherry orchard, the goofball himself, with his cheery
offer : 'sit back, relax, take it twice, and then again,
leave me a dollar or leave me a ten. Try this weed,
it's almost legal. I can get you anything you want.'
-
Still, no matter, this is Washington Square and you 
can't do that here. Sit on that stump, okay, until it
pierces your ass, but leave me alone. If this had been
a cartoon, my thought bubble would have shown.

No comments: