Thursday, February 12, 2015

6348. SOFT-SHOULDERED AS ANY ROAD

AS SOFT SHOULDERED 
AS ANY ROAD
It's genuine and it's authentic, this mantled
green of an Earth-like planet. Along with us
we've brought, well, two of everything, how's
that. I am flooded with memories, anyway.
-
What do you want to call me? Here, I can be
most anything : a new Noah bringing my own
new cart of a new evolution or an very old
prophet rehashing old tales and telling where
I might have missed. Doing things over  -  again  -
before some crazy God's wrath hits again.
-
You can marvel at this field of aces I put out
for the game : the muscled guy with three arms,
the brute who can crush balls and bats, the
lumberjack-looking funster who eats children
for sport  -  they're all there, and this time around
every one of them means business not just fun.
-
The old tales of our owl Earth; yes, you'll still
hear them, but they'll have lost all moment. 
New references. New times. New meanings.

No comments: