Friday, February 20, 2015

6373. THE HAND-HELD MOMENT

THE HAND-HELD MOMENT
If Nature was a friend to me I'd gladly walk her
hollows; the titillation of her gorges and the
rocks and waterfalls throughout. I'd camp out
in Watkins Glen illegally, just to see her
respiration : deep and dark in Midnight's
night, I'd follow every glimmer of the
onrushing light, of morning, of day,
of every next-up constellation.
-
Gladly, most gladly, I'd be a scientist
for Loving : measuring in great spoonfuls
whatever the dosages may be. Take it down
in one great gulp, swig it back, right from this
stolen bottle. Walk to the hilltop, high and drunk.
-
I have a lizard friend who knows reptilian ways;
he sports a moustache made of rodeo money and
speaks the languages of rodeo clowns. Rides horses
into church on Sunday, breaks a sweat, and sits right down.

No comments: