Thursday, February 12, 2015

6352. TWIN ARMS HAVE YOU?

TWIN ARMS HAVE YOU?
I am not a saint. Well, yet. Then, I
imagine I can wait  -  raspberry plumcake,
luminescent battalions, a few cops outside
the door. I pay them off, a few hundred bucks
to watch and act as guards outside. Justice is
as crooked as any puzzle piece can be.
-
Here's how it went : I shot the Chairman, I shot
the President, I took the Chief Judge's daughter
away. They tried building a new highway right
over my gravesite. Money ran out and they stopped.
-
I rode a Bluebird Bus to Easton. It stayed on the
old Route 22. As soon as we pulled into the
Easton Hotel, I was flabbergasted, right off, when
I realized what went on : over and over, week after
week. Girls would work a week in New York City, 
whoring  -  they told me it was 'very nice money' and
they were well taken care of  -  and then they'd get four 
days in Easton, cost-free, for rest and recuperation.
I found that to be a lie  -  not a one of them stopped
for a minute what they were so good at doing.
-
Then they'd take another bus back to New York, and it
all went on again. Any number of old, cigarette-bum
guys just stuck around the hotel lobby. All the time.
Playing cards, smoking with a drink. Having donuts
brought in by the box. I learned so much. I learned
so much. I kept the ledger-logbook for myself to
which I still refer to this very day for notes and 
names and things to remember.

No comments: