Thursday, February 5, 2015

6331. HOW DO I CARRY

HOW DO I CARRY
How do I carry all these things you may ask me  -  
first off, there is nothing strapped down and it's 
all in playful array. That which I lose it that which
I may. I don't take anything too serious. The last lit
coal in my night-rider's kit, well, once that goes
out or gets lost, perhaps then I'll have trouble.
-
I notice the Army/Navy store is have a closing sale.
It's not that  -  even they  -  can't make up their mind,
it's just rather the difference between two competing
forces and which you want to be : I want to live, I 
want to die; I want to read, I want to write. 
Plant, sew; reap, harvest. Give me a
chance at something.
-
I had a nightmare just the other day. When I awoke
from something, you know, the guy was there with
the ring-case calling me, but it wasn't really him and
it wasn't really me. Is anyone interested? You know
how baffling these silly dreams can be. And the
the horseman rode up, but he was riding in a
pail. Is that curious too? Or maybe, remember,
Albert Pinkham Ryder's painting,
'Death on a Pale Horse.
-
How do I carry?

No comments: