Wednesday, December 31, 2014

6204. I SHOULD BE WORTH A BUNDLE

I SHOULD BE 
WORTH A BUNDLE
'Yeah, you will be  -  when dead.' If that's
got to be the last thing I hear this year, I'm
going home early. And now. Just another
fruit-of-the-loom pie-face reveler talking
his breath at me. So sickening, like a bad
cat howling, to hear how dead writers get
ahead. Well fuck all that then, 2014, and
15 too. I have to zoom ahead already to 
have make any sense : playpen revelers,
that girl with three teats, the two guys with
their dicks and the fellow swilling gin.
Oh man, what kind of shape I'm in.
-
Let me in. Let me in. I'm out too late, and
now I have to eat before I sleep  -  to hell
with the new year and all that. It's another
accumulated dance of masques, and people
all running helter-skelter, feeling each other
up, trying to get laid, finding a date when a
date's already had  -  and isn't this all about
a date anyway? Hell, I don't know.
-
I'll be worth a bundle when this is over. Make
my gravestone a Cadillac? Etch my last words
on the big granite stone : 'What the fuck?
What the fuck? What the fuck...?'

No comments: