Friday, December 12, 2014

6144. MOMENTARY CONFLAGRATIOo

MOMENTARY 
CONFLAGRATION
My momentary conflagration has taken you down :
forthright and stalwart, no matter. The flag in your face is
turning to flame, another Haussmann is walking the dwindling
streets. Things will be ruined, will be wrecked. The cretins step
forth  -  so quickly afterwards  -  wanting to rebuild for gain.
What has my momentary conflagration gained?
-
Bring this tea to the new hardware counter   -  add it up 
with the rest of the total. See the numbers as they fade.
All things, everywhere, are a lie. All these people seek
is profit : the black face, the minstrel, even the prophet.
-
I will have no recourse left; here, where they carry the
bags for the bodies, I will place my wand. Standing 
nearby will be the man at the podium, slowly reading
aloud all those bad words from Scripture about
what was done. The fires will burn for days.

No comments: