Wednesday, December 10, 2014

6141. THE FULFILLMENT OF MODERNITY

THE FULFILLMENT 
OF MODERNITY
Well OK, yes, you can be that : high-wire act, failed friend, 
future mentor, distinctive bud. I'll watch the act develop.
The monkey you pulled out of that hat, I thought was
supposed to be a rabbit; but that's OK. However, it was
underneath that kerchief, was it, that lamb you unveiled?
I didn't get that at all  -  looking for a dove instead. I'm
not good with all these symbols, but what are you
trying to do? The bull on the altar it disappears?
The way the fire lights the bush, the enflamed tar,
the connection with incense, all that, I'm still
learning. my mind is as tarnished as that ancient
chalice you pretend to drink from.
-
Now there's a rocket to Mars testing soil on a rock  - 
catching asteroids as they fly through space. Some
cowboy song, I bet, is already written about that
chase  -  'get along little doggie, get along'?
-
Every Golden Book has a tear at the ending  -  that
magnificent princess on page 11, but page 26 is
both crippled and numb. This is just how it as.
All things are now so very sad. The fulfillment
of modernity is all we've ever had.

No comments: