Wednesday, December 24, 2014

6176. MARVELETTE

MARVELETTE
On the same shelf as a few books, a mirror
was hanging  -  something 'simple' enough 
to 'enlarge' the look of the room. I never 
understood that interior decorator talk  -  
all those tricks and shortcuts to make an
effect. Senseless and superfluous to me.
Like those jabbering idiot women on TV,
swooning on their shopping shows about
another hundredth pair of shoes or pants.
If you've got to have everything, then you
really need nothing. Oversell the plaque,
and then you too die. Aggrieved, with
no proposal. Now I watch these
Catholics cross the street.
-
It's only 5:15 PM, on Christmas Eve, and
now their Christmas Mass is over  -  whew, 
and yeah, got that shit out of the way. It used
to be strict and it used to be stern, now it just
useless and all  -  Midnight Mass the night 
before, and then it was 6PM Saturday mass,
and forget all that Sunday crap. Now, they've
even moved their Christmas Doggerel Collection
Mass to 4:30 the day before. They should get
into their Heaven so quickly, I'd say.
-
Need I mention how all of this just makes me 
sick? Jackhammer Jethros humming the lanes,
sanctified mamas in secretary dress. I don't know,
and I won't care. They hire the cops to cross them.
-
Now we're back to the subject  -  the other one 
with which I began : on that shelf of books, some 
fool's hung a mirror. It seems to be (really) 
reflecting just nothing at all. I'm catching
a bus, to some other place.


No comments: