Friday, January 25, 2013

4084. LISTENING IN THE STANDS

LISTENING IN THE STANDS
Billy Joel to the rafters : Allentown
and Goodnight Saigon; or whatever
passes today for the situations of
pomp and circumstance. How free am
I? Not very. I want the Senators and
Congressman all rounded up and jailed;
they are, after all, you know, cheats and
liars, thieves and criminals, and war
criminals too. So, why not? I'm so free
that I can't say that. I want the Presidents
and all their cabinets and officers taken in,
incarcerated. I want their Libraries burned,
and all their sick, Presidential papers. Screw
them. How free am I? Can I ask that?
And we're living here in Allentown, and
they're closing all the factories down.
I want the IRS shuttered, and all those sick
indigents floating on my dollar broken down.
I want the military blown to bits itself.
How free am I? I want the schools closed
and all the churches shuttered. And we're
living here in Allentown. We came as
brothers to Parris Island; we left as
inmates of an asylum.
How free am I then?

No comments: