Monday, January 28, 2013

4087. IN PLACE OF ALL GOLD


IN PLACE OF ALL GOLD
At the witching hour, like this it comes : dark
shadows and the wistful fall of night. We've left
the words behind  -  those are things for
horticulturalists and those scientific types
with their lists and categories and definitions.
I never walked a step in that muck, for fear
of soiling my shoes. Look around you; that's
really all it takes. State of mind? Not mine.
-
I've tried science and found it wanting. I've
tried religion and laughed it off  -  all those
spiritual moments of Yves Tanguy and
Rosicrucian madness, Swedenborg, Blake
and Steiner. Art makes the grade, only then it
too fails as money gets its ugly face involved.
Nothing is what nothing does. How's that?
-
Now, instead of Death I'm just settled in :
I can ride this wagon until the wheels are
gone, and then coast this broken chassis
to the bottom of the hill. As I see it, that
will do, until.....the real gold rises up.

No comments: