Monday, January 14, 2013

4072. THE YOUNG PRIEST IS WALKING VATICAN CITY

THE YOUNG PRIEST
IS WALKING VATICAN CITY
I am a member of a church run only by males.
I walk along the postcard streets so that people
can take snapshots of all the handsome young men
in cassocks and collars. I spend my time with brothers
and fathers of the Lord, who seem to dote on old
ladies and kids. I walk amidst effeminate preachers
coaxing answers from dead skin - things others have
asked about - as if I knew the solution to anything real.
-
I proclaim my faith for the Virgin Mother, the Sacred
Heart, the beating with flame, the tongues of fire, and
the lashings upon the cross. My figure of devotion is
a partially-clad young man writhing in agony with
flagellant wounds on his somewhat sensuous body. I
answer to others about why this is so: 'It is to show
the humanity of the Lord, and the workings of God
among us. He too became a mortal man made of
attractive flesh. The flesh by which we fall.'
-
I mean no harm.
I talk no evil. I speak
to young boys who assist me
in the early morning masses.
I adjust their collars and cassocks
so that they too can be just like me.
I seek for new vocations.
I bring young men to the Lord.
-
(I seek to absolve all Mankind).

No comments: