Monday, January 14, 2013

4070. I WILL BE MOVING YOU TO THE LEFT

I WILL BE MOVING YOU
TO THE LEFT
There doesn't have to be a real reason for the
shading of light or the washing of glass by
fresh rainwater. These things occur regardless
of our position or human attitude. Therefore I
have nothing to say about what happens on a
daily basis. We must instead simply learn to
move along within that grid without thinking or
flinching, as it re-orders our priorities or alter
whatever we may feel. The end result, I do
suppose, is meant to be satisfaction.
-
We seek to achieve a result that is, somehow,
most clear only to us. Communication results
as we attempt to talk about the shape and feel
of what we try to mean - yet somehow it only
produces side issues of little consequence.
-
I want to shy away from telling things that mean
too much, of reciting them in singsong to others,
losing meaning and worth. I would rather act the
swan at a pelican's wake, earning encomiums
and nicknames of mirth at some Princeton
streetside fence adrift with bold graffiti. The
rather neat men and women of glamorous
mien will enable the works to work. They
attend the febrile theater, seeking to dance
at melodies and song. They buy their season
box to watch McArter women stage diaphanous
plays of spirits and gnomes.
-
All about me, they will be there, as I recall the
saddest memory of complexions past and walk
my way through confusion and harm. I will push
you to the left - out of danger's way and into
the arms, instead, of something else. Your
un-named charm beseeches me onward.
-
I am owned by nothing but all,
and I possess the title to the world

No comments: