Friday, January 4, 2013

4061. FOR ALL THAT I SEE

FOR ALL THAT I SEE
For all that I see I see nothing at all. The
only shivering person I know has already
gone  -  she was once mine, now no longer,
though I remember her face and I've kept her
scarf. She'll only notice, perhaps, later.
-
Let's walk in lockstep  -  two doors down,
past the entryway, into the court, and sit. I
can hear things before they even sound. I can
sense the things you'll say. This is good. Like
the gunfire in the courtyard at the Dakota,
when John Lennon went down, everything is
by sound transfigured. Changed. Altered.
-
This is so mysterious, this flexing, fluid life.
We come, we go, and in a moment so many
things can change  -  like an endless blind where
the ducks are picked off, one by one by one.
Crazed and stupid hunters, staring blindly
into space, intent on one thing only : that
they will never leave a trace. (For all
that I see, I see nothing at all.)

No comments: