Tuesday, January 8, 2013

4065. BREEZE

BREEZE
'At the moment, I'm so exhausted that I
feel like cutting my throat, so the next
news may be that I'm across the river and
under the trees. What is the meaning and
purpose of life? Death?'
-
'The mind is a city like London - smoky
and populous', Shelly wrote. In the time
it takes for my face to roughen I shall be
dead  -  and some stupid man will need to
shave my face again  -  though this time
for Death and all its attendant burials :
(and all who see, shall follow me).
-
I makes no sense so little so little to
go on and on : prattle so like the stevedore's
talk, is an endless dockside weave of but
gossip and woe...'my car won't start, my
house, the roof is leaking, I am so sick
myself, as sick and near to doorways
of death as one can be.'
-
Let me learn to relax, like the fire-pit's
turning rod  -  langorous and steady and
slow  -  on a scheduled journey, a place
in this time where things get done. I want
to live. I want to live. I want to live.
(But this slow turning is Death to me).

No comments: