Wednesday, January 2, 2013

4057. INDIA (1914)

INDIA
(1914)
Never trust those who tell only the
truth : they will be lying to you or have
you in hock. I am 'farther more' broad
than that grand old bridge as I'm walking
through Washington Heights.
-
Like a bullet train speeding Japan, my own
 mind stays expansive and wide, and I will
not draw down. I will not let myself be drawn
down. I will not allow it. I will grow.
-
Charlotte Perkins Gilmore I shall become; ragdolls
on the doorknobs, yellow wallpaper at stay. I can
change the world as I walk among the wealthy.
-
'After I come back from India I have no real
travel on my agenda.' (No, you don't - because
you are dead. Do you know what dead is? It is
stasis; it is the moribund static of a conceptified
life). 'Accroding to all the ethics that I know,
I must obey.'
-
At Huber's Palace Museum I watched the
tiny man crawl into a jar : small this,
small that, as all things are.

No comments: