Thursday, November 25, 2010

1207. ALL THINGS ALIKE

ALL THINGS ALIKE
Some so sure not so sure
sin not sin go ahead do not do.
The lines are crossed everywhere.
From hamlet to grove, not anyone is
sure they hear another : thousands of
ones on thousands of ones. This life, like
an island in a sea of islands. Adrift. Not adrift.
Anchored not moored. Nowhere to stand. Bored.
-
The Rabelaisian humor of that guy on the stage;
he hammers each line home with a mannered
motion. 'I am supposing this will be funny yet again.'
I swear I heard him say that before the lights went down.
We drank our drinks, watched morosely, and went home.
Home. Not home. That is. That is not. She slept I slept.
Not sleep, not that. I am supposing this will be funny again.
-
In the old days, the very old days, the very, very,
old days, parcels were never left on doorsteps.
The knockers were rung, and the arrival announced.
'I come,' or something like that. Not like that. Come,
not come. Here. Not here. There. Not there.

No comments: