Friday, November 19, 2010

1195. SYMBOLIC REALITY

SYMBOLIC REALITY
Those numbers are always running;
remember, you have nothing. There
is no essential difference between your
fraction of 'Time ' - what you call
the oasis of the real - and the factotum
of what presents itself to you; symbolic
reality being all the rage. Take your
pole to the sideline; just stand and watch.
I will stand in for you if you will stand in
for me. Those numbers are always
running, or do you still not see?
-
I will speak up for all the lost and maimed,
the dead sheep and the lambs, the oxen and
all the other beasts who have stepped these
pains. I will shout a'high for Mankind too,
evolved from a cosmic rubble to a new
and ever-present low. I will shout aversely.
I will not let it be. The bottom is the top,
the top the bottom, or do you still not see?
-
For all the things not done,
it is the things done that
have hurt me the most.

No comments: