Tuesday, November 16, 2010

1190. SHAG BARK HICKORY

SHAG BARK HICKORY
Going the straight way is not always
the most direct : it is said, mostly opposite
of that, that there are various ways of
(what they call) 'skinning' a cat.
I wouldn't know the farcical
point of any of that - in fact I've
NEVER considered skinning a cat.
Be realistic, would you please? The
shag bark hickory, most lovely of trees?
We line the mountain roads, if you
notice, with rhododendrons - whether
native or natural, wild or cultivated,
I'll never know. As with so many people,
that is a trait that doesn't always show.
-
Memorize this : 'I shall never go where
I'm not wanted to be, I shall never plant
myself, in the same vein, solidly, like a
tree. There is nothing here in this life for
me. Consider what I'm saying;
shag bark hickory.'

No comments: