Sunday, November 21, 2010

1202. GO AHEAD BY THINKING THINGS THROUGH

GO AHEAD BY
THINKING THINGS THROUGH
Yes, I'm going to go ahead by thinking things through -
what is the real, the cattle in the pen or the pen around
the cattle? The water in the pond or the pond alone?
How well can I know what I know so well? And, for
sure, how much of a riddle, really, is a riddle I cannot
solve? Like the moment of envy, when we realize it's
a 'sin' to want what we cannot have but detest another
for having it, it's a realization that it's far too late to rue
the fact now, having already stepped into that quicksand.
And sinking fast. It has been said that 'Truth' is but one
perspective, and perhaps that notion I can understand.
-
I am nowhere, while being everywhere. I am a notion,
while being so real as to bleed. No satisfaction in stupor,
I stay awake nonetheless, hoping for something, anything
at all, to arise and haunt me, belittle me with rhymes,
make fun of everything I've tried. I'm hung from the post
in that huge, huge parking lot of the recognizably dead.
-
Finding myself somehow suddenly comfortable.
I do not want to come down at all.

No comments: