Thursday, November 4, 2010

1168. AUTUMNAL

AUTUMNAL
I am walking through
leaves ankle deep, things
fallen beneath a waning moon;
one that now seems upside down.
The stars and the planets around it,
as well, seem errant in their hanging.
Suspended and skewed in the fairy sky,
white with wisps gone passing by.
-
Rough spots? Hilly? Stones and
rocks and all the things of Earth,
they now make second-drawer of
all the rest of the world. And now the
men are talking too : bold colors on
the hillside, broken limbs and branches,
leaves, ankle deep, on the forest floor.
So much to do, and more....

3 comments:

Magnolia said...

I liked the "errant in their hanging" line, as it made me feel that I was walking thru the woods, on a cold starry night, with the leaves crunching underfoot and my breath puffing out.
Wonderful!

nighthawk said...

I guess Autumn inspires the most seasonal poetry, for me anyway. AS a matter of fact after reading yours I sat down to write one about this fall myself while listening to Playlist. One of my best fall poems had Kyle aka "Magnolia" in it. Nevertheless, I only conceived one line last night and got waylaid. Perhaps I'll break the code tonight with visions of iambic pentameter dancing in my head.

gary j. introne said...

Greg:
'I hope that you can really do,
the task that you set out to do.
And hope,as well, not just for you,
that all you want, you'll find ways to do.'

Iambic Pentameter? Wasn't I treated for that once.