Saturday, November 6, 2010

1172. A RANK SATISFACTION

A RANK SATISFACTION
A rank satisfaction from this seventh-year itch
would be colluding with policemen and doctors.
'We can say he's dying, and he did the crime.
Set up the circumstantial evidence until
we have him crying. Send him up for life
and then send him a pardon. It will all
be a big joke and it'll drive him crazy.'
-
Who in the world are they talking about?
I wonder to myself while I light the last
match in this final pack. They're gratis
matches from some machinery shop
way out in the Bronx. How I got
them, I really can't remember.
-
Before this freaky donut shop, last
night late, I think I was at a party
on the piers - an artist's bash for
a west-side show, or something.
The people there were nuts, I
remember that; lighting flares
to Jersey on the old rotted wood.

No comments: