Thursday, September 23, 2010

1113. FOR STAYING PUT

FOR STAYING PUT
Those sedentary moments broke all
my concentrations : the eagle flying
at dusk, the starling, the adder, the
marshgrass, the elms and willows.
Just right there off the highway,
where thousands of everyday
cars roll by. No pride?
Even Nature, it seems,
no longer cares.
-
That little white house, slumming,
with the old lady and her daughter
living there amidst a certain set
squalor that would have fit
right in...a hundred years ago.
Not no, no longer. The
shack stands out like a
broken limb on a fashion
catwalk. Agreed, agreed.
-
I want to talk of something.
I want to take that girl's hand.
I want to show her a million
other worlds which have passed
her cabin by. I want to hold her,
and kiss her lonely face. I want
to take her far away - to where
money has no meaning, no
taste, no angle, no fans. I
want her, in fact, to say
to me : 'agreed, agreed'.

1 comment:

Magnolia said...

Now that I have read the entire thing the first paragraph makes sense...and the rest of it is melancholy but sweet. You continue to paint beautiful pictures with words.