Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1108. WATCHING BERNIE ROSSITER PAINT

WATCHING BERNIE
ROSSITER PAINT

That was yesterday mostly.
Cadmium Barium Yellow Medium
Alizarin Crimson and Choking Ultramarine
Blue. Such fearsome names on a palette like
this one : layers of colors and shapes, forms
where lines should be and only outlines are.
Existence precedes, somehow, essence?
No, no, I'm too late to think. Essence
precedes existence? Does it really have
to be one or the other? Millstream. Pokehouse.
Gentle breeze on a feint through evergreen trees.
Watching Bernie Rossiter paint, and
I'd much rather be alone.

2 comments:

Magnolia said...

I love how this poem goes along, and then you are hit with the last line, that you would rather be alone. It's the perfect ending. To me, it says that you would prefer to be left with your own thoughts and deeds instead of trying to understand someone else's. There are times when you articulate a thought I have had..perfectly!

nighthawk said...

I'm starting to get upset that magnolia likes your poems so much. How about another color in this poem for me:GREEN. Green with envy! LOL