Monday, September 6, 2010

1082. WHEREVER KENNELAM MAY BE

WHEREVER KENNELAM
MAY BE
(things, they, them)
From deep and far out in the texture of space
we take meanings, plucking things at will and
deciding what to name. Name as if to own.
With nowhere to put them down, they float
in our own reality, until we let them,
perhaps, land where they may.
The land that beckons: thin, covered in pine,
riddled with streams and hills. There is nowhere
in such a place to place the feet of a traveled man.
He jumbles things instead; he can't find the settled
place. I have gone high, and seen the present vista.
-
It wasn't stars or the cosmos. It wasn't a Belgium
to me. I heard the sound, and far off too, of everything
left as it swirled and remained. Before the dark had exited
the stage : Earth-globe-twisting : I had sat down already
to watch. The man came - the one with many arms - and
the sense I got was that he said : 'you will watch what will be
and will see what has been. What you cannot see, really,
is the Present that is around you. Upon mastering that,
I shall set you free, to wherever Kennelam may be.'

No comments: