Friday, September 3, 2010

1078. MEMORIES

MEMORIES
(Tolkenberry Kindlestuff)
Your name was taped with Mystic Tape to the
back of your soiled old book. Though you
weren't a mystic, I thought you had what
it took. Tolkenberry Kindlestuff, and the
other flavor you liked so much - I
rather forget what it was.
-
As I remember, we tied our shoes together
at 12 years old, and both tumbled then
down the same incline. Entwined together,
banging heads and hitting arms, we ended
up - somehow - in different places together.
I can't tell much after that. Was it your
sister, then, I once was married to?
-
Or was that your cousin Bravera, the one
who'd taken off her clothes for us a
hundred times before, singing country songs
and old tunes from, she said, the Lake District.
Lake District my ass, the only water running
around her was the stuff she pee'd in the grass.
She used let us watch, for free.
-
Now, Harmon, everything I mention was so
fucking long ago I feel I died with the
dinosaurs - and so, to you I raise this glass.
How did we ever survive, let alone surpass?
Let's roll up the carpet and die.

No comments: