Saturday, September 11, 2010

1092. TO RUMINATE

TO RUMINATE
Makes me too much like a cow
somehow; I think. Never knew the
series-ending double-play I thought
I saw. The hangings from the maples
may have been Van Goghs - he
made the skies alive, he entered space
between things and brought that space to life.
And that was a 'Life' that we as Mankind
had never known nor seen before. An
entirely new perspective on the living -
'midst the nature we live amidst.
A new peel on an onion
we never knew.
-
[It was just this once that I thought
I saw you at the station in your new
brown boots. Like budding ivy crawling
over brick, you were headed everywhere.
The tune in my head, I thought,
was Theolonius Monk.]

2 comments:

nighthawk said...

straight no chaser?

gary j. introne said...

Crepuscule With Nellie. but yours works too. Thanks. Isn't all this quiz stuff fun?