Wednesday, January 5, 2022

14,050. PAINSTAKING DETAIL

PAINSTAKING DETAIL
That mark which streaked along the
sky on this night of change was for
too general for me : I need more
devastating detail to mark things
out. Enough of all that general
stuff. As Eliot had it, 'What news
of the Rialto?' Is there still fun
'neath the stars and sun?
-
Blitzstein? Noise mars the silence,
and cadences ring. A little boy tries
playing his drum, walking the street
with his outfit. I need the specifics,
each detail and color.
-
Let us pray that both Daniel and 
David can return  -  and that both 
of them knew what they were doing;
I've grown tired of accidental fates.
The temples and courtyards - their 
undoing, each resound with the din
I hope the quiet will be returning 
soon : More peace 'neath the  
sun and the moon.

No comments: