Monday, January 3, 2022

14,046. HIRAM IS THE CATASTROPHE

HIRAM IS THE 
CATASTROPHE
Seeing the newsbox with but one eye -
me, not the newsbox, which has none -
I scan the strange headline, thinking
of it, maybe as a storm I'd not heard
of, or an incoming conflagration: new
disease, a tsunami, a meddlesome pox.
-
There can be no such thing, and I do
understand such qualifications : What,
after all, would a meddlesome pox 
even be? The only distraction is the
reflection on the plastic  -  meant to
be glass, and act as if  -  which makes
all I can see to be the people in and
out of the revolving door at the large
building housing Cassey, Mays, and
Deeter. Which is the firm I'm headed
to. Agents for the insane, perhaps?
-
Actually, I think they're lawyers for
substantial battles. Judiciary input
and long, drawn-out trials. Nothing
like that for me. I merely need to
deliver a package; but still, I feel
caught up, and in the moment.

No comments: