Friday, November 12, 2021

13,937. RUDIMENTS, pt. 1,226

 RUDIMENTS, pt. 1,226
(the axe always wins)
No. I never concentrated 
much on the 'normal' things 
of life. Never knowing why, 
I figured maybe it was just 
because I myself wasn't 
normal, as I figured that a
non-normal person couldn't
certainly just go around 
thinking  of normal things. 
So I never worried too 
much about that; the weird
connection I'd made always
seemed sufficient to link
my life up. Maybe now they
call that being 'in sync,' or
whatever that computer term
is when you 'sync' stuff. I
certainly still haven't figured
that out. Don't care. I'm sunk.
-
The morning of election day,
for 1976 (I guess that would
have been Nov. 1975?), I
remember it was about 12 
degrees out, in Elmira, and
I'd walked over to the 
Washington school, to vote.
It was early morning, like
7am or something, before
I made my usual, cold trek
to work, about a mile off.
Maybe it was a little longer.
Most of the time I rode my
Schwinn Suburban (a bicycle)
even in the very coldest of
mornings. But for voting,
that day, I walked. Gerald 
Ford was President. He'd
taken office in August '74, 
after Richard Nixon resigned.
The candidate running against
Ford (well, the main candidate
anyway) was Jimmy Carter.
He was from Georgia and  -
no matter the politics involved,
which I didn't care for anyway  -
I detested him. I'd never voted
before, and my personal opinions
always wavered; one day I'd
like Nixon, and then Ford, and
the next day I'd hate them. It
was like a spiritual reading; 
I'd go through interpretive 
processes of judging these 
guys in relation to whatever 
'American' spirit I thought 
they should have each held. 
It was always changing.
-
I've never voted since then, 
actually, or maybe once or 
twice, in Metuchen. I forget. 
I don't really care either.
Reason is, this country, as 
I saw it, went bad  -  and I 
mean way bad, sometime
about the Civil War, or just
before. 1850, maybe. The
voting booth today is a joke;
as is the country. We've let 
criminals and morons take
charge, one bleeping piece
of shit after the other. James
Earl Carter, to me, was among
the worse (he won, 1976), as
he represented the crass and
smiley underbelly of sleaze
marauding as religious goodness,
over-bearing self-consciousness
and pride, mixed in with lies
about humility, human nature,
lies and business, all mixed up.
The guy was, and is, last I
knew, a pitiful water balloon 
of Georgia politics, peanut
farmer sharecropping bullshit,
and smarmy business idealism.
At least Nixon was a broadly
based, citified jerk. Ford was,
all those years before being
an 'accidental' President by
appointment, a complacently
go-along House of Representatives
Michigan automaton. We went
nowhere, nor did he. But, again,
let me state, these others paled
before Carter. Obsequious;
hidebound; without an original
thought in his brain.
-
Where tht leaves us now is
beyond the pale and outside
of any Civics textbook. You
want your 'Veterans'  -  you
can have them. Just yesterday,
the current President said that
the Veterans and Military are
'the spine of our nation.' People
actually applauded and did
all that weepy crap they do
when in the presence of veterans
and 'warriors' (what they're now
called). I've got news for them
all  -  if the spine of this nation
is, or ever was, military and
soldiers, something is way
wrong in LaLa Land and the
current crop of arsonists in
Washington DC should be
ashamed. They need a term
of serious re-education. This
nation was NOT built on
military principles in any 
way, shape, or form, and if
that is the operative premise 
of today's standing government,
we are in deep trouble. Because 
the leadership, in its blindness, 
has failed. Because those in 
powers elope with our money, 
benefits, and largesse, through
their powers of taxation and 
representation, by illegally
over-populating our country
with marginal immigration,
doling out beneficial apparatus
to others while ignoring us;
under the cover of false and 
do nothing but enact self-
serving means of preserving
their won status quo. This is,
yes, an indictment. Against
them, and their clerk and 
minions, and anyone who
dirties their won self by
working for them in whatever
capacity. America has diluted
the meaning of Revolution
down to the watery trickle of
privilege, militarization and
thievery. From the Presidents
on down, they speak only to 
each other, because they surely 
never speak to us.
-
"The executives at chemical 
manufacturers who, instead of
spending more on research
and development to identify
safer products, lobby in
Washington for deregulation?
Oil companies? Shipping
firms? The US Military, whose
greenhouse gas emissions are
greater than the total emissions
of roughly three fourths of the
world's nations?" Those are the
questions that should be asked.
Why are we not asking them?
Why are we not demanding
a fitful extrication from the 
mess we are now boxed into
by the in-place thieves and
criminals who now parade
about with their false salutes,
un-torn flags, and rabid
crowds of zombie applauders
who let this just all roll along?







No comments: