Thursday, November 11, 2021

13,935. THESE NEW MILESTONES

THESE NEW MILESTONES
These new milestones are around
my neck and I refuse to make a
business of them  -  they're heavy
and they're hanging me low. The
books have all been pee'd on, and
the major sanctions, though removed,
are still papal-like in their stern
enforcements. It never made sense
before, and it never can now.
-
Library shelves are bulging over
but they still have room to grow.
The manners of the elves and fairies
are as much the same as those of
the learned masters seeking new
forms of information. May I see
your shin bone please?
-
As a youngster, I huddled under
the local bridges, hiding my face
from the passing parade. I neither
wanted to be recognized nor seen;
my words back then were meant to
preceded me and never echo back.
-
I admit to being mad now, all these
years later. My late-life panorama
is so vastly different from all I'd
ever assumed before.

No comments: