Wednesday, September 22, 2021

13,834. THE SUMMONING OF BITS & PIECES

THE SUMMONING 
OF BITS & PIECES
Attend to me with the Oxford don. I need
to speak with him about so many things.
-
William the Conqueror versus King Harold?
How did that go again and where did those
northern Vikings come in?
-
How to fight a good fight? What was
learned by standing fast? If I can put
these questions properly (and not sound
like an ass), what did all these men eat
as they waited those weeks for battle?
-
Foraging an already pillaged landscape?
Gouging men eyes (foretelling poor Harold),
raping the women and girls, killing the
livestock for miles around? That's all
I've found for these queries.
-
Where was Tostig, and where kept the
other foe, Harald Hardrada? I take my
history with a spoon, Hastings Pudding
as it were. I'd like to go back in time.

No comments: